Dr Indranil Manna
Director, IIT Kanpur
- Educationist and materials engineer
- Headed CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata and taught physical Metallurgy at IIT Kharagpur
- President of Indian Institute of Metals and Vice President of INAE
- Fellow of INSA, IASc, NASI, INAE, J C Bose Fellow of DST
- TWAS prize for engineering sciences
- Member of The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and the Asia Pacific Academy of Materials (APAM).
Dr. Kota Harinarayana
Former Secretary, MoES
- Programme Director, & Chief Designer of LCA
- Director, ADE from 1985 to 1986
- Distinguished Scientist, DRDO
- Vice Chanecellor of Hyderabad University till 2005, Distinguished Guest Professor, IITB
- Chairman, Research Council, Centre for Wind Energy Technology
- Padma Shree in 2002
- DRDO Life time achievement award, National Aeronautics Prize, FIE foundation award, etc
- Fellow –INAE, AeSI
Dr. G Satheesh Reddy
Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri & Director General Missile & Strategic Systems
- Former Director, RCI
- Fellow of Royal Institute of Navigation, London (FRIN), Royal Aeronautical Society, UK (FRAeS), INAE, AeSI, Associate Fellow of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, USA, etc
- Indian Science Congress Association Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award, Silver Medal of Royal Aeronautical Society, UK, first IEI (India) and IEEE (USA) joint award for Engineering Excellence, National Systems Gold Medal, Aeronautical Society of India Dr Biren Roy Space Science Design Award, etc
Dr R Rudramoorthy
Principal, PSG College of Technology
- Chairman – AICTE, Southern Region
- Council Member – AICTE, New Delhi
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India), Secretary of Solar Energy Society of India
- More than 60 papers, 15 papers in International & National Journals
- Authored 5 books in engineering.
- Member of International Research Project group of Asian institute of Technology, Bangkok
Shri Tapan Mishra
Director, Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad
- Distinguished Scientist, ISRO
- Contributions in system design, simulation, integration, checkout and calibration of satellite payloads
- Fellow of INAE, IETE, ISRS & Corresponding Member of IAA
- Hari Om Ashram Prerit Vikram Sarabhai Research Award, ISRO Merit Award, ISRO Team Excellence Award
- D.Sc by Jadavpur University, Kolkata
The chapter organized a two day national workshop on ‘Space Applications for Sustainable Growth and Advancement – SAGA 2017’ during May 19-20, 2017 at Hotel Mascot, Thiruvananthapuram. The workshop was organized in association with VSSC, Kerala State Remote Sensing and Environment Centre (KSREC) and National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR). The workshop was inaugurated by Shri Kadakampally Surendran, Honarable Minister for Cooperation, Tourism and Devaswoms, Government of Kerala. The Minister highlighted the various areas in which Space technology and its applications had touched the lives of the common man and urged the scientific community to put in relentless thoughts and efforts to find new and better applications contributing to the sustainable growth and advancement of our country.
The Executive committee takes pleasure in presenting the annual report of the functioning of the society from 1 st November 2016 till 30 th September, 2017. The working of our society is guided by our objectives of promoting systems science and engineering, disseminating knowledge pertaining to systems theory and applications, encouraging meritorious work in systems domain, reporting results of original research and providing a platform for scholars and practitioners to come together to share ideas and experiences. The major activities conducted and important achievements of ISSE during the period are presented in the Annual Report 2016-17.
The society had yet another eventful year during this period. ISSE has 10 chapters across the country which are located at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Bangalore, Manipal, Hyderabad, Amaravati, Sriharikota-Chennai, Trichy, Coimbatore and Chandigarh. Trichy, Coimbatore and Chandigarh chapters were inaugurated during the reporting period. The society is strengthening its activities through its chapters by organising a variety of events in system engineering domain towards the society objective of promoting the systems concept.
The National Conference of ISSE, iNaC-03 with the theme ‘Complex Engineering Systems of National Importance’, is being orgnaised during October 12-13, 2017 at Indian School of Business, Chandigarh under the auspices of SCL, Chandigarh.